Drainage is a system within your home that is often overlooked, but painfully apparent when you need a drain unblocking. It’s never a fun process, especially if the drain is related to your sewer system.
However, it’s important to stay calm and know the correct process for drain unblocking, and who to call. That’s why at Siddell Environmental Services we have put together some guidance, to help you understand the process and put your mind at ease
What Causes a Blocked Drain?
A blocked drain can come in many forms, and depending on its location, may require different services to fix.
We’ve made a list covering all the main causes of blocked drains so that you can be aware of what not to do, and help you prevent unblocking a drain in the future
The main culprits for blockages in your sewer are as follows:
- Flushing non-dissolvable products such as nappies and wet wipes
- An issue with your septic tank
- Poor installation of the original drainage system
- Damage to external pipes outside of your home
- Heavy flooding during storms or downpours
Pipes such as your kitchen or bathroom sink come under utility, and can be blocked for a number of reasons:
- Excess oil or grease being disposed of in sinks
- Lack of maintenance, e.g. clearing minor blockages with household products
- Poor installation of interior plumbing
- Old pipes that need replacing
- Excess amounts of hair or debris
Unblocking your Drain – What to Do
If you’ve been plagued with a blocked drain, then unblocking it will be your first priority. Here’s a step-by-step instruction on what to do, and what we will do to help.
- Contact us for a no-fee callout
- Show us the blockage
- We will assess the source by using our CCTV drainage technology
- Once diagnosed, Siddell Environmental services will use the following to unblock your drain:
- Drainage repairs if necessary
- Once we’ve successfully unblocked your drain, we will leave your property clean and tidy
- Enjoy your free-flowing drains
The most important aspect of the process is knowing a reliable, helpful and licenced drain unblocking service to arrive punctually and help you from start to end.
You need to have confidence in their ability. Not only this, but the service provided should leave you with peace of mind throughout the whole process.
Contact Siddell Environmental Services For Drain Unblocking
For competitive prices and a fast-acting team, contact Siddell Environmental Services for all your drain unblocking. Our staff members are trained, friendly and punctual to ensure your drains aren’t blocked for long, and your home can continue to function as it should.